NKN group picture, 2019 Photo: Katarína Dubovská
NKN – NETWORK OF ARTISTS’ HOUSES
IN NORTHERN GERMANY
Artists’ residences have developed far beyond their original role of promoting individual artists, to become interfaces between art and society. They provide public spaces for local social and cultural exchange. The Network of Artists’ Residences in northern Germany strives to make these national and international scholarship and production venues more visible and better utilised.
This newly-created platform encourages experiences to be exchanged, joint projects to be developed and implemented, and common interests to be identified and expressed. As a first step, participating members will present themselves in a joint public relations exercise, in order to increase communication and awareness, not only in the public domain, but also among members themselves.
Detailed information on the individual artists’ residencies, their fields of interest and activities, as well as on the application procedures for the various fellowship programs, can be found on the websites of individual members, or in this brochure.
The founding members include:
- Künstlerhaus Lukas, Ahrenshoop (Mecklenburg-Vorpommern)
- Mecklenburgisches Künstlerhaus Schloss Plüschow (Mecklenburg-Vorpommern)
- RostockStipendium, Schleswig-Holstein-Haus Rostock (Mecklenburg-Vorpommern)
- Edvard-Munch-Haus, Warnemünde (Mecklenburg-Vorpommern)
- Atelierhaus Trittau (Schleswig-Holstein)
- Künstlerhaus Lauenburg (Schleswig-Holstein)
- M.1, Arthur Boskamp-Stiftung, Hohenlockstedt (Schleswig-Holstein)
- Künstlerhaus „Otte1“, Eckernförde (Schleswig-Holstein)
- Künstlerhaus Stadttöpferei Neumünster (Schleswig-Holstein)
- Künstlerhäuser Worpswede (Niedersachsen)